Monday, October 28, 2013

Emilie Parker, age 6

picture given to AP from Parker family found on Legacy.com
 
Information from: huffington post, ABC, Salt Lake Tribune, and memorial site.
 
Emilie was the oldest sister, teaching her 4 and 3 year old sisters everything she could. When they were upset, they would go to Emilie for comfort. Emilie was very thoughtful of other's feelings, frequently making cards for them to feel better. She had recently slipped a special card in to her Grandfather's casket when he was unexpectedly taken from her life. Emilie's personality lit up a room. "I'm Emilie, with an 'ie' because my daddy is Robbie with an 'ie,' " she often said. Emilie expressed herself continuously through her artwork. At the age of 3 her parents realized how important art work and creativity was to their daughter. Emilie would constantly gather materials to use in future crafts and art work. She would stay up past her bedtime quietly in her room with the light on, drawing, creating. Once her father went up for the second night in a row to persuade his oldest daughter to stop drawing and go to sleep. She said,  “Dad, I wasn’t drawing, but I have so many ideas in my head I can’t get out, so I am writing a list of things I need to draw so I won’t forget.” She dreamed of opening an art gallery when she grew up... she would work on her works in the back and her Mom would run the cash register in the front.
 
Emilie's parents have set up a Memorial fund to provide art programs to children and in schools.
 
 
 
 
I will paint a picture with my daughter and set up her art area in the basement on November 1st.
On May 12, 2014 I will make a contribution to the Emilie Parker Fund
 



No comments:

Post a Comment